Thursday 4 February 2010

Porsche Cayenne!!! or was it Audi Q7!!!

This blog was not on my agenda but had to be aired. I was travelling south from Finsbury Square towards Bank on Wednesday evening at 22:45 and two lights appeared close behind me. The Bi-xenon light was steaming up my rear view and door mirrors. Boy was this driver close. In fact so close I thought he had a probe that fitted my exhaust and he or she was driving a male vehicle and wanted to make love via that orifice.

From experience I thought this was a Cayenne behind me and the driver now was getting desperate to overtake me as we approach Princess Street even though with width and bollards overtaking is near impossible and should not be considered an option.

I decided to slow a little to see if they would become even more agitated and sadly they responded though refrained from horn honking. At this point I thought if I pull in to the side with my indicators going just before the lights at Lothbury this silly driver [MORON] in my opinion could be captured for this blog. As it passed safely I was ready to take the registration. It is RO59 UHY. Feeling great that I could publish this and an officer of the law might pick up the number and trace this person who obviously treats all other drivers with an attitude un-becoming of what might be thought as normal this person also was a bete-noire, and as beastly as I feel these lights are.

Felling proud with my head held high that I had got the correct registration written down I then paused for a second. Was it a Porsche or Audi Q7 or some other 4X4? My eyes were so fried I forgot what model or probably was unable while my eyes were recovering.

At this stage no matter 99% sure the registration is correct and hopefully this driver is informed of how sadly they have become. All friends and family should read this and it be filmed for us all to see how not to drive.

Epilogue

After 40 years of driving this is not uncommon and with 37 on the Streets of London it is all too apparent that attitude of drivers, and there are too many has to change as well as the regulations about lights that dazzle.



Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation

If you live in the USA and many other places around the World and have the more sensitive eyes that find Daytime Running Lights distract making added dangers for you go to the DaDRL and vote:-

DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

1 comment:

  1. This car (an audi q7) is driven by the people who run the dodgy 'hotel' at 105 seven sisters road.
    They often park it outside for hours in the 20 min and 1-hour parking bays.

    ReplyDelete