Monday 1 February 2010

Archive from the MBC Club Forum 2

This was someone who replied to yesterday’s blog of mine on the enthusiast’s forum. I will endeavour to comment on his thoughts.

Bobby Dazzler

Read you comments a couple of times, because I'm not sure if you're directing them at conversions, or all xenon headlamps - factory fitted included?I agree, you don't actually need xenon headlamps, but have you driven a vehicle equipped with them?

[All drivers should have a test drive with xenon’s and understand what they do to opposing drivers]

The improvement in visibility is very noticeable, which must be an aid to safety.

[Just because visibility is improved does not mean it is a safety aid. For the driver with them possibly! Not for those facing or being followed by them as they often get misconstrued as Police vehicles.]

A bit like any passive safety feature. You don't need them. But many perceive that it's better to have them than not.

[Passive for whom?]

I take it that you therefore mean that you're not in favour of factory fitted xenon headlamps. You clearly have an opinion which I have no interest in influencing. When I see you coming the other way I'll be sure to switch to side lamps. I can honestly say though that I've never been dazzled by what I would recognise to be a xenon headlamp, only headlamps aligned incorrectly or those on full beam.

[How much night driving do you do? Have you brown eyes as they cope better than blue and green, plus the younger you are generally the easier your eyes cope. Do not be selfish and consider others more senior than yourself]

Epilogue

Bobby dazzler like many drivers thinks those that do dazzle him are on full beam or aligned incorrectly. Often if you give xenon drivers that appear to be on full beam a quick flash they retaliate with their full beam. I have found this out to my cost and take extra care when doing this.

It is my opinion that a far stricter MOT is needed for the Bi-xenon headlamp. Why do the Manufacturers and Government ignore us? It would be appreciated if you vote to change the current regulation with the link below. Thanks


Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation

If you live in the USA and many other places around the World and have the more sensitive eyes that find Daytime Running Lights distract making added dangers for you go to the DaDRL and vote:-
DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment