Wednesday 17 February 2010

Archive Mail on Tacky Lights was sent to Honest John

I am blogging for drivers that care about others and this mail sent in to Honest John is another to add to my blogroll. You can find him at www.honestjohn.co.uk and at www.telegraph.co.uk

Attention seekers

Over the years we have become used to seeing Volvos and their daytime driving lights. This annoying - and "indicator-hiding" - feature now seems to be spreading to other manufacturers. Recently I've flashed my headlights at Volkswagens, Vauxhalls, BMWs and others before it occurred to me that this may be something new. Worst offenders are Audis, with a very tacky line of LCD lights. Is this a new fashion, or as I suspect, another great new EU requirement?

D.O., Woodmill

It's as you suspect: a new EC requirement to become law on all new cars supplied within the EC from 2011. Actually Audi's LED lights and the separate driving lights on Fiat 500s are a lot less dazzling than Volvo headlights and do not obscure the headlights of motorcycles.

Epilogue

I found this on the website www.honestjohn.co.uk from 13th Oct 2009. I also find the LCD lights tacky but this driver has flashed many cars. If my suspicions are correct many drivers are finding the array of new brighter lights so good that they are actually too good. I hope you can find the time to vote on my petition thanks.

Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation

If you live in the USA and many other places around the World and have the more sensitive eyes that find Daytime Running Lights distract making added dangers for you go to the DaDRL and vote:-

DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment