Thursday 11 February 2010

It's not Porsche's fault

I have been waiting for this blog and hope you all like it. Honest John gave me a mention in the Telegraph Motoring Section and his eyes via the rear view mirrors have been punished by the brightness of Porsche Bi-xenon headlights. This has happened to me on several occasions with Porsche models including the Caymen, Boxster,911 Targa, 911 Cabriolet,911 Coupe and backed up by the worst of the lot by the Cayenne 4X4 whose lights often border on the criminally negligent in my opinion. [Please refer to earlier blogs on the Cayenne]

The reason for title [It’s not Porsche’s fault] is that simply they are using the current Regulations [RVLR 1989] which in my opinion and the opinion of Jaguar Land Rover’s technical department [Technically they are not breaking any current laws]

It would be great for me and my campaign if you could drop Honest John a line at the Telegraph about this light problem. He can be found on twitter http://twitter.com/_HonestJohn or email at letters@honestjohn.co.uk

Back to Today's Blog

Porsche Registration M444 MED [Boxster S] came from behind me in New Cavendish Street W1 at about 9:10PM 10th February 2010 with the headlights glaring fiercely beating anyone in its path to submission. Being close to the Harley Street district I wonder if MED means the driver of this Porsche is a Doctor.

Epilogue

This driver in my opinion should be informed that he is blinding and dazzling other drivers and with such a distinctive registration should be easily located. Once again in my opinion his license should be suspended if he has not noticed how he is endangering other road users. Sadly it is not his fault and votes on my parliamentary petition will help.

It is my opinion that a far stricter MOT is needed for the Bi-xenon headlamp. Why do the Manufacturers and Government ignore us? It would be appreciated if you vote to change the current regulation with the link below. Thanks


Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation

If you live in the USA and many other places around the World and have the more sensitive eyes that find Daytime Running Lights distract making added dangers for you go to the DaDRL and vote:-

DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment