Sunday 14 February 2010

Archive from Briskoda.net Motoring Forum2

This is Neil’s answer to mattbs’ thread on the earlier blog about drivers who find certain types of lights dangerous and distracting.

Neil Effer

I experienced exactly the same today - I was following some guy in a people carrier and he kept putting his rear fog light on - like you I think he thought I had my fog lights on - thought they would have been used to these things by now as all new Audis have the LED DRLs - I won't turn them off though as I've noticed fewer people pulling out on me. [Is it because your lights are intimidatory]

Epilogue

Once again for fear of repeating myself are these lights that look like fog lights in the wrong place or too bright. If lots of other drivers are bothered enough it may cause them to have an accident. So by not turning the lights of you may well be involved in an accident because of stubbornness and lack of understanding.

My opinion of the Audi lights is they are too bright day or night and the reflections from that snaky line at the front when raining plays havoc with beams of light going of in more directions than a disturbed hornets nest. I have also come across drivers who do not like their Audi daytime running lights and have had their garage turn them of. Their garage did do this but reluctantly.


It is my opinion that a far stricter MOT is needed for the Bi-xenon headlamp. Why do the Manufacturers and Government ignore us? It would be appreciated if you vote to change the current regulation with the link below. Thanks


Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation

If you live in the USA and many other places around the World and have the more sensitive eyes that find Daytime Running Lights distract making added dangers for you go to the DaDRL and vote:-

DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment