Saturday 13 February 2010

Jaguar & Rover Dazzle!

These dazzling instances are beyond a joke. I was parked in the A3 slip road at about 8:10PM and as we all do starting up looked in my offside door mirror. Baring in mind I was in the slip road many vehicles were travelling up the A3 with lights on but one car was beaming bright in the distance and much more than the rest of the vehicles. If it was that bright for me what problems was this driver giving to the traffic in front on the same carriageway. Hoping to get the registration and model I surged up the slip road to meet it at the junction with Rhoehampton Vale. It was a Jaguar shaped like the S-Type registration WH05 OBJ. Although these lights were so bad they appeared to be on full beam in my opinion they were on dip and the driver would be of two minds. He may be so dumb he did not know that his lights were blinding others. Or he knew and did not care because the vehicle passes our current regulations. Either scenario is wrong but I have seen many other Jaguars’ dazzling others but this is the first time I managed to take the registration.

Well folks exactly 1 hour later at 9:10PM I was travelling west on Cheyne Walk and what I thought was a green or dark coloured Rover registration HY02 SGG. I did not actually get dazzled by this one but as it pulled up beside me at the Kings Road traffic lights it was so obvious that the lights on this vehicle were either BI-xenon or upgrades as the vehicle in front of it was so under the spotlight it should have been on a film set.

Epilogue

I could have written many more but having the time is difficult.

Quote: I defy anyone who has to work in and around London for 8 or 9 hours when it is dark to have not seen headlights that dazzle or to appear to be on full beam.

It is my opinion that a far stricter MOT is needed for the Bi-xenon headlamp. Why do the Manufacturers and Government ignore us? It would be appreciated if you vote to change the current regulation with the link below. Thanks


Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation

If you live in the USA and many other places around the World and have the more sensitive eyes that find Daytime Running Lights distract making added dangers for you go to the DaDRL and vote:-

DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment