Monday 8 February 2010

A Chelsea Tractor Story

Once again I have been diverted from the MBC Club Forum archive. This blog take me back to skiing in Corcheval. The only time I can be well over the limit when it comes to alcohol. Please do not be concerned as it is on skis and it is my neck at stake.

Sunday evening at 19:45PM on the 7th February 2010 I was just approaching the south side of Vauxhall Bridge to go north bound when a 4X4 with headlights burning my rear view mirrors came from behind. I managed to avert my eyes to concentrate on reporting this driver on my blog.

The registration number was 8944 YL 62 a 4X4 with tinted windows and a throaty exhaust that piston head drivers fit to try to impress others. I think it makes the driver stand out especially when deliberately revving for sound and trying to drive faster than traffic flow will allow in a big city. It should be used on open roads where no pedestrians or other road users are close by and the driver makes a mistake no others are affected.

Epilogue

This 4X4 was a Porsche Cayenne I think with what was probably a French plate but I missed if it had a sticker denoting which country, as I had to drive safely. Both journeys on my coach from Grenoble airport and back from Corcheval I had noticed a number of vehicles with lights far too bright . Luckily for the coach driver and me we were quite high and not affected but for those in smaller vehicles blinding and dazzling is taking place in France and all over the globe.

It is my opinion that a far stricter MOT is needed for the Bi-xenon headlamp. Why do the Manufacturers and Government ignore us? It would be appreciated if you vote to change the current regulation with the link below. Thanks


Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation

If you live in the USA and many other places around the World and have the more sensitive eyes that find Daytime Running Lights distract making added dangers for you go to the DaDRL and vote:-

DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment