Tuesday 2 February 2010

Archive from the MBC Club Forum3

Lynall assumes the manufacturer settings and MOT are correct. I say they in my opinion they have got it wrong and my research confirms this.

I can honestly say though that I've never been dazzled by what I would recognise to be a xenon headlamp, only headlamps aligned incorrectly or those on full beam.Agree with this comment by Bobby and I got to and from work in the dark all the time.
Lynall

Epilogue

Lynall’s comment on Bobby’s blog that I wrote up yesterday seems OK. Having researched thoroughly please do not flash those with miss aligned headlights. Flash those with what you think are full beam. I have tried this many times when confronted with headlights that dazzle that I thought were on full beam. Many of those drivers who I thought were on full beam then abused me with their full beam lights.

Special caution ###### Full beam xenon’s fry your eyes like lasers and are quite debilitating. Having had this happen on a number of occasions I was compelled to do something about it and http://www.blindedbixenon.co.uk/ was conceived to stop the lightmare on our roads.


It is my opinion that a far stricter MOT is needed for the Bi-xenon headlamp. Why do the Manufacturers and Government ignore us? It would be appreciated if you vote to change the current regulation with the link below. Thanks


Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation

If you live in the USA and many other places around the World and have the more sensitive eyes that find Daytime Running Lights distract making added dangers for you go to the DaDRL and vote:-
DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment