Saturday 28 November 2009

Audi R8’s. Have you found they dazzling you?

Audi R8’s. Have you found they dazzling you?

I tried to tread carefully with this driver. Being young and I assume reasonably well of and with two ladies and a friend they were staying at the Hilton Park Lane. I thought they were going to the club at the side in Hertford Street. They were not yet three sheets to the wind and possibly good research for blindedbixenon.

I quickly discovered one lady in the back had suffered at the hands of the Bi-xenon lighting system as she said the slightly blue ones that dazzle you. It often is explained like that without much prompting.

The chap behind me on the jockey seat was eager to tell me he owned an Audi R8 and how fantastic the lights were including the rather garish row of daytime running side lights that many drivers find abhorrent.

There fantastic down a country lane and main beam is not needed as the lights are so good. What about the drivers coming towards you? It does not matter as my vision is perfect. Obviously wasting my time talking to him so I suggested that he take one of my flyer's that will direct him to all the appropriate information on why he is blinding other drivers and that he read it tomorrow.

He handed it back to me saying he did not want to discredit his own car. The lady in the back then spoke up give it to me as I might vote for you.

Epilogue:

At night I have not seen an Audi R8 that has not dazzled me and the sidelights in the rain are awful to deal with. I am sure those that are day drivers with the DaDRL must have also had problems. Please comment on this blog as it will help. Luckily for the rest of us you do not come towards them too often. I do hope an Audi employee reads this as many Audi models are becoming a danger to others and I have come across a number of drivers that have had their daytime lights extinguished as they feel that it is offending other drivers. At least some people understand enough to care.

Go to Petition to: revise the RVLR 1989 regulation ...

If daytime lights are becoming a problem to you click the link below.

DaDRL UK Vote against Daytime Running Lights

1 comment:

  1. See www.dadrl.org.uk/health why ultrabright white LED's cause eye damage.

    Let us hope Audi will see the folly of their ways and recall these vehicles.

    ReplyDelete