Sunday 6 September 2009

Petition support

Hello Ken,

Thank you for setting this petition up - I have just signed it. I'm so glad someone is making a stand on these dreadful and, in my opinion, dangerous headlights. I am absolutely dreading the winter when I have to drive to work and home again in the dark. All because of these halogen lamps. There really is no need to have them so bright that they blind oncoming drivers. The old style head lamps were just as good. All we need is enough light to see the road ahead, not to make flightpath landing lights for oncoming aircraft! I wonder for whose benefit the head lamps were intended for in the first place - it certainly couldn't have been for the ordinary driver. Why would we want to be dazzled and blinded every time we take to the road? I live near some very dark country roads so the Bixenon lights are even more pronounced. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the reason behind many accidents - I'm certain they will cause a lot more.

And as for lorries using them, well that's just a joke! They are already lit up like Xmas trees at night. You can see them coming from miles away. Only trouble is, they don't seem to see us until after they've gone in to the back of us!

I do hope you get your petition heard and agreed with as I really would like to be able to drive at night without being constantly blinded. If the Govt. don't listen, perhaps they will pay someone to design special night glasses for us all to use?

Thanks again and good luck.

Kind regards

Deborah Smith

1 comment:

  1. I, too am a firm believer that the level of lighting on cars has gone crazy in the past few years. The brighter lights tend to be a unique selling point for the salesman, but I feel that this encourages the driver to drive beyond their means in a false sense of security. Seeing more ahead will encourage people to drive faster and leave less time for reaction to any difficult road situation ahead or to the sides. It also increases the chance of the on-coming driver to be dazzled, and hence change the speed of the following traffic, possibly causing collisions from behind.
    I have also signed the petition at www.blindedbixenon.co.uk

    Howard Redwood
    Programme Development Manager
    Diamond Advanced Motorists

    ReplyDelete