Monday 13 July 2009

The Smart Car

Hi readers another wrong to be righted. I have been driving at night for too many years and over the last ten many vehicles have new lights that blind you unnecessarily to the point they are dangerous. Even though the Smart Car is not as popular as many other models the lights on them kept blinding me more than what could be normal or should be. I tried to question the drivers of the ones with dodgy lights but the drivers were afraid to chat with me.

Then a stroke of luck I went to see my optician who gave me an eye check which was A OK for my tender years and happened to mention the problems I have been coming across at night and about the Smart Car in particular. To my surprise he had the answer as he had purchased a brand new one for his wife and she had been complaining when she took one of her friends out that other drivers flashed their lights in frustration at her as she was blinding them.

My optician investigated and gave me my answer as to why i had the problem. Even though the car is so small it has a feature just under the steering column that will lower the beam height if heavy people get into it. I am not saying my opticians wife and friend are fat but it was the reason. I have asked many drivers of these cars and not found one person driving one that new of the switches existence. What a waste of a good invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment